Pear and Cranberry Salad with Honey-Ginger Dressing
- CKD non-dialysis
1 cup salad, 1-1/2 tablespoons dressing
- 2 cups watercress
- 4 cups baby green leaf lettuce
- 1 medium Bartlett pear
- 1/3 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste (or minced ginger)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Clean the watercress; core and slice pear then cut each slice into 3 pieces.
- In a large bowl combine watercress, lettuce, pear, cranberries and pecan pieces.
- In a jar combine vinegar, honey, olive oil, ginger and mustard. Cover with a lid and shake until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss before serving.